Be part of a team committed to working together for manufacturing success! Dahlstrom Roll Form is an equal opportunity employer who offers competitive wages, benefits, profit sharing, and great coworkers!
Position involves design, maintenance, and quality outputs of production tools for both new and existing products. Tooling duties will be a combination of managing contractors and developing design skills. Quality outputs involves verifying tolerances, proving processes are in control, doing spot audits of operators, and creating fixtures and gauging as needed. Strong CAD skills are required as well as a competent understanding of Quality techniques like, PPAP, CP/CPK, digital measuring tools like a CMM.
Selected candidates will have technical aptitude, and a willingness to learn automated metal fabrication, tooling setup, and industrial control systems. Ability to interpret drawings and perform accurate measurements is required along with being dedicated to quality. Roll forming experience is a plus and will be compensated accordingly. Structured training is in place and significant pay increases are given as skills are acquired.
The Operations Technician is responsible for ensuring that machines are running in accordance to their specifications and guidelines in support of Dahlstrom Roll Form’s mission to provide consistency and reliability with all of their products. Responsibilities include setting up, operating, monitoring, training, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all shop equipment.
- Assists with manufacturing, packaging, and other tasks associated with production.
- Monitors operating equipment to detect product malfunctions.
- Utilizes work orders to determine product specifications and material requirements.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows safety regulations.
- Communicates with team members to ensure continuous production of products at high quality.
- Complete in process inspections and first article inspections.
- Read and interpret engineering and quality documentation.
- Assists with other tasks as directed by the plant supervision.
TRAINING DEVELOPMENT EXPECTATIONS:
- Operations Technician is expected to progress per the applicable training matrix per a 5 year plan
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Must have experience with machine/equipment repair to include
- Electrical systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Mechanical systems
- Experience as a machine operator is a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Must provide/maintain a valid drivers license.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong match skills and in-depth knowledge of measuring equipment
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Experience with welding and fabrication is a plus
- Drive to achieve excellence.
- Ability to be a team member and work cooperatively with others.
- Time Management
- Results Driven
- Ability to perform as a leader
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs chest high repetitively
- Must be able to stand in one location for a prolonged period
- Must be able to bend to put items in crates repetitively
- Must be able to climb steps
- Must be able to be bent at the hips to adjust the machine