115 Years of Roll Forming Services
Since 1904, the Dahlstrom® name has been synonymous with an accepted standard of excellence in custom roll formed products.
When you work with Dahlstrom Roll Form, you get the advantage of a roll forming services provider with 115 years of experience to help you maximize the advantages of this technology. Shore up your supply chain with our:
- 99.16% on-time delivery rate (benchmark is 70-80% in metal manufacturing)
- 676 PPM defect rate. (on par with the best companies in the world in ANY industry)
- Kanban inventory management and quarterly forecasting (you only pay for what you need)
- Custom packaging division
What is Roll Forming?
Roll forming is the process of gradually bending flat sheet metal into a longitudinal, uniform profile by passing it through a series of mated tool dies. It’s the most economical manufacturing process for the mass production of:
- Channels (C, J, Box, Hat)
- Long components with holes
- Complex shapes with multiple bends
Roll forming also allows for the cheap, simple addition of IN-LINE punching features like:
Designing these elements into custom tools eliminates the need for slow, expensive secondary operations. Consequently, roll forming lowers your
production costs and reduces your lead times.
Available Roll Forming Materials:
Dahlstrom can form a wide variety of metals, including:
- Cold rolled steel
- Hot rolled, pickled and oiled steel
- High-strength, low-alloy steel
- Galvanized / galvannealed steel
- Stainless steel
Note: welded shapes, or those with tooling NOT designed to bend high-strength/heavy material, are only available in steel.
Material Thickness & Lengths
Dahlstrom can currently form material thicknesses ranging from .012″ – .200″.
Dahlstrom can cut most shapes to specific lengths ranging from 2’ to 40’.
Many cross-sectional shape dimensions can be held within +/- .030″. Tighter and/or looser tolerances depend on customer requirements, processing capabilities, and tool investment.
Punched or Pierced Features
Depending on the complexity of a component, roll forming shapes like holes, notches, and cut-outs are either pre-punched in line or post-punched as a near-line secondary operation.
Contact Dahlstrom and put a century-plus of custom roll forming services in your corner.